Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by message message <me...@hotmail.com> on 2003/07/23 15:46:10 UTC

xerces ?

I use the Struts model 2 architecture for non static web development.
I prefer to use a database for persistent storage based on my
experiences/knowledge
of using databases.

I use struts because it lets you design your application in a
componentisation
approach. I.e.  From simple skeleton/template application to knobs &
squeaks.

The struts framework supplies you with tag libraries which can be used
for the presentation layer.
Anyway I agree with this approach so I use it.
Another point which struts designers make is the recognition of the
"alphabet soup" of Java Technologies.

I found this website from www.apache.org
The point I am making is - where does xerces fit into the scheme of things ?

I can see examples of using xerces in servlets -  what difference would that
make to me
based on my above description or point of view.