Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mi...@swissre.com on 2004/03/08 17:25:16 UTC

j2ee ear and maven reactor

I am in the process to package my modules (jars, ejbs and wars) to generate
a j2ee application. Each of them from the maven point of have their
project.xml and specific maven.xml file.
Now when I call the generation of the ear if a module has not in advance
being built I got an error. And I must first rebuilt it. When all modules
are in the local repository (or in the remote) I can do the packaging. Is
there any way to trap the error during the packaging and if not present in
the repository .... doing something like checking the source out of CVS
building it and then packaging (or any kind of this kind of recoursive
hook) .... For such a fuctionality that would make sense from the j2ee
prospective, I was not able to find anything around ... I am thinking to
write a solution based on the reactor; but before starting I would like to
exchange some opinion with the community, to share and evaluate ideas, you
never know I migth be missing something obvious.

Any comment is welcome

Michele

This e-mail, including attachments, is intended for the person(s) or
company named and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged
information. Unauthorized disclosure, copying or use of this information
may be unlawful and is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please delete this message and notify the sender