Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by an...@petrol.si on 2003/06/12 10:04:17 UTC

Codepage problem on z/OS

Hi!

We are using axis (the latest build from Jun 10 2003) on WebSphere which is
running on z/OS. We have tested the following samples and they work:
- Calculator.jws
- MyService that is under /samples/userguide/example3 directory.

We have the following problems (PR1 and PR2 that are described below): The
common problem is that file server-config.wsdd should be written in ASCII
codepage instead of EBCDIC. z/OS operating system works natively with
EBCDIC codepage (IBM-1047). What I suspect is that java writer doesn't
specify the charset under which the file is written and therefore default
(IBM-1047) is taken. If the writer constructor would specify the writer to
write in charset UTF-8 or ISO8859-1 that the problem would go away.

Description of problems:

PR1: During deploy or undeploy the server-config.wsdd file is rewritten in
IBM-1047 codepage instead of UTF-8 (or ISO8859-1). The result is that web
services stop working after the application server is restarted.

PR2: We can't use "AdminService list" command: We get the stacktrace:
===
- Exception:
org.xml.sax.SAXException: Fatal Error: URI=null Line=1: Content is not
allowed in prolog.
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.axis.utils.XMLUtils.newDocument(XMLUtils.java:322)
        at org.apache.axis.utils.XMLUtils.newDocument(XMLUtils.java:335)
        at
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPBodyElement.getDocumentElement(SOAPBodyElement.java:112)
        at
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPBodyElement.<init>(SOAPBodyElement.java:107)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient.process(AdminClient.java:354)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient.process(AdminClient.java:325)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient.list(AdminClient.java:183)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient.list(AdminClient.java:176)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient.process(AdminClient.java:273)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient.main(AdminClient.java:377)
- Exception:
org.apache.axis.InternalException: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Fatal Error:
URI=null Line=1: Content is not allowed in pr.
        at
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPBodyElement.getDocumentElement(SOAPBodyElement.java:114)
        at
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPBodyElement.<init>(SOAPBodyElement.java:107)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient.process(AdminClient.java:354)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient.process(AdminClient.java:325)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient.list(AdminClient.java:183)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient.list(AdminClient.java:176)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient.process(AdminClient.java:273)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient.main(AdminClient.java:377)
===

Regards
Andrej Nagode
Petrol d.d.