Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Don Stinchfield <de...@rbii.com> on 2002/08/19 03:57:32 UTC

http headers terminated with \n instead of \r\n

I'm not sure if this is a problem, but I thought I'd mention it.

I'm having problems using the proxy to record a session with my
application.  Its come down to me tracing the http messages to
see what's really happening.  I don't think I've found my real
problem yet, but I didn't find the following.

Each http header line is terminated by a \n instead of a \r\n.
I believe the http specification requires \r\n.  I really don't
know if this is problem.  Anyone have a clue?

Regards,
Don

RE: http headers terminated with \n instead of \r\n

Posted by Mike Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
The \r\n is generated by Sun's code when it sends to the server.
The \n is generated by the server when it sends a response.

-Mike

On 19 Aug 2002 at 9:43, Don Stinchfield wrote:

> Ok.
>
> It's odd though.  I have noticed that "\n\r" gets sent when
> executing a test plan.  I see "\n" when the proxy is sending

Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org
Yahoo IM: mstover_ya
ICQ: 152975688

RE: http headers terminated with \n instead of \r\n

Posted by Don Stinchfield <de...@rbii.com>.
Ok.

Posted by Mike Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
Not much I can do about that - JMeter doesn't write directly to the socket.  It just
tells Sun's HTTPClient what headers to send, which takes over from there.

-Mike

On 18 Aug 2002 at 21:57, Don Stinchfield wrote:

> I'm not sure if this is a problem, but I thought I'd mention it.
>
> I'm having problems using the proxy to record a session with my
> application.  Its come down to me tracing the http messages to
> see what's really happening.  I don't think I've found my real
> problem yet, but I didn't find the following.
>
> Each http header line is terminated by a \n instead of a \r\n.
> I believe the http specification requires \r\n.  I really don't
> know if this is problem.  Anyone have a clue?
>
> Regards,
> Don

Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org