Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Joe Grassel <ar...@mac.com> on 2007/08/14 01:28:45 UTC

Another FetchPlan question

The reset method did the trick, thank you very much.

I do have another question:  I have 2 entities, Employee and Manager, and Manager extends Employee, implementing the single table entity inheritance approach.  Employee has a M:1 relationship with Manager, so by inheritance, a Manager can have a Manager, and so on.  Now, I've set recursion depth to 1, and find() returns the target Employee just fine, and its Manager is also available.  However, to my surprise, the Manager's Manager is also available.  Is recursion depth sensitive only to the end Entity type, or should be it sensitive to the Entity-type that declares the relationship?  It looked like it treated Manager as a completely different entity with regards to recursion depth.