Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Sandor Nemeth <sn...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/11 08:22:23 UTC

Trinidad PPR on Weblogic 9 or 10

Hi,

I've found only one thread among archives about Trinidad PPR doesn't work on
Weblogic 9 or 10. Unfortunately that thread doesn't contain real solution.
The suggestion changing content type from text/html to text/xml doesn't work
for me.

I tried it with the latest trinidad release 1.0.8.

Is there any solution or workaround to this issue? Or should i choose
another faces implementation for a weblogic project?

As far as i can see, ADF faces has no problem with PPR on weblogic.

Thanks!

Re: Trinidad PPR on Weblogic 9 or 10

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 9:51 PM, Sandor Nemeth <sn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, thanks Scott, i'm interested in that patch!

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD-1170

the fix will show up in the next release.

-M

--
Matthias Wessendorf

Need JSF and Web 2.0?
http://code.google.com/p/facesgoodies

further stuff:
mail: matzew-at-apache-dot-org

Re: Trinidad PPR on Weblogic 9 or 10

Posted by Sandor Nemeth <sn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, what Leonardo said.

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sandor Nemeth <sn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.
HEHE.

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.
In short the issue is this.  Trinidad uses a response wrapper during a
ppr to set the content type.  The theory is that this wapper won't allow
the content type to be changed (ie. setContentType is effectively
disabled) and getContentType always returns the expected AJAX content
type.  When JSF does a forward to the JSP, this content type can never
get changed so even though the forward allows the JSP to set the new
content type, the wrapper object prevents this.  This works in every
container except WLS...  I'm not sure what version, I just know it
doesn't work on 10.

WLS for some reason is doing something wonkey here.  It ignores the
content type set on this wrapper.  Not only that, even if we set the
content type to our expected value the first time setContentType is
called, it still doesn't work.  The workaround we found was to, every
time setContentType was called, actually set the expected content type
rather then what was passed in.

It should be a pretty straight forward fix, it's just not as clean as I
would like.

Scott

Posted by Francisco Passos <fr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sandor Nemeth <sn...@gmail.com>.