Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by mechravi25 <me...@yahoo.co.in> on 2012/03/30 14:00:53 UTC

Re: Using jetty's GzipFilter in the example solr.war

Hi,

I tried by including the following filter tag inside the web.xml in the
/apache-solr-1.5-dev/example/work/Jetty/webapp/WEB-INF

<filter>
    <filter-name>GzipFilter</filter-name>
    <filter-class>org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter</filter-class>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>mimeTypes</param-name>

<param-value>text/html,text/plain,text/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/css,application/javascript,image/svg+xml</param-value>
    </init-param>
  </filter>
  <filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>GzipFilter</filter-name>
    <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
  </filter-mapping>

This is giving the following error again

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter
Failed startup of context
org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext@b8bef7{/solr,jar:file:/apache-solr-1.4.0/example/webapps/solr.war!/}
javax.servlet.UnavailableException: org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter

Then, I tried by placing the org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter jar file in all
the lib folders; but also, its resulting in the same exception. I also tried
to add the above filter tag to the web.xml  present in the following path
\apache-solr-1.4.0\src\webapp\web\WEB-INF

Finally, I tried to add the above tag to the solr.war file (in the web.xml
file after extracting the files) and then started the server again. But, its
resulting in the same error.

Can you tell me where im going wrong? Can you guide me on this?

Thanks.

Re: Using jetty's GzipFilter in the example solr.war

Posted by Dmitry Kan <dm...@gmail.com>.
you didn't say, which jetty version you are using. This blog post tells how
to configure depending on it:

http://blog.max.berger.name/2010/01/jetty-7-gzip-filter.html

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 3:00 PM, mechravi25 <me...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried by including the following filter tag inside the web.xml in the
> /apache-solr-1.5-dev/example/work/Jetty/webapp/WEB-INF
>
> <filter>
>    <filter-name>GzipFilter</filter-name>
>    <filter-class>org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter</filter-class>
>    <init-param>
>      <param-name>mimeTypes</param-name>
>

> <param-value>text/html,text/plain,text/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/css,application/javascript,image/svg+xml</param-value>
>    </init-param>
>  </filter>
>  <filter-mapping>
>    <filter-name>GzipFilter</filter-name>
>    <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
>  </filter-mapping>
>
> This is giving the following error again
>
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter
> Failed startup of context
> org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext@b8bef7
> {/solr,jar:file:/apache-solr-1.4.0/example/webapps/solr.war!/}
> javax.servlet.UnavailableException: org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter
>

> Then, I tried by placing the org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter jar file in all
> the lib folders; but also, its resulting in the same exception. I also
> tried
> to add the above filter tag to the web.xml  present in the following path
> \apache-solr-1.4.0\src\webapp\web\WEB-INF
>

> Finally, I tried to add the above tag to the solr.war file (in the web.xml
> file after extracting the files) and then started the server again. But,
> its
> resulting in the same error.
>
> Can you tell me where im going wrong? Can you guide me on this?
>
> Thanks.

Dmitry Kan