Posted to muse-user@ws.apache.org by Daniel Jemiolo <da...@us.ibm.com> on 2007/07/19 23:56:02 UTC

Articles on Muse design

IBM's developerWorks site has recently published two items I wrote about
design and implementation of management capabilities with Muse, and I
thought they were worth mentioning here. The developerWorks site has a lot
of good Muse-related content, but these two articles in particular are very
important. Many people have asked for a more in-depth study of how
manageable resources should be designed with Muse, with more detail than
what is currently in our programming model docs. These articles represent
my attempt to provide an authoritative answer to those requests.

This is the best I can offer in terms of letting you inside my head to see
what I was thinking when I wrote the code. You may come away thinking I did
some things wrong, or that I'm crazy for making certain decisions, but at
least you'll have an in-depth understanding of the crazy.  :)  Many of the
more detailed sections are based on feedback from people like Vinh, who has
studied the code a lot in order to figure out how he should implement some
very advanced use cases. If you're still getting started with Muse, or you
want to see how internal IBM teams are developing Muse-based resources,
please take the time to follow these links:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/autonomic/library/ac-bpmusedesign/index.html

      http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/edu/ac-dw-ac-bpmusedesign-i.html

Thanks,
Dan

Dan Jemiolo
IBM Corporation
Research Triangle Park, NC

+++ I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat
donuts. +++