Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Luca Morandini <lu...@tin.it> on 2002/06/19 19:47:10 UTC

New Cocoon live site

Folks,

since it's summertime, how about a nice map of sea-water quality in Italy ?

Just go to:

http://www.minambiente.it/Sito/settori_azione/sdm/tutela_ambiente_marino/mon
itoraggio_ambiente_marino/sidimar_ipzs.asp

And click on the lower-right image (the map).

Unfortunately it's in Italian, since it is owned by the Italian Environment
Ministry :(

Anyway, this app gives you the opportunity to browse trhough the Italian
coastline and look at water quality (blue= good, green=so-and-so,
yellow=bad) and sea depths: the latter will make scuba- and free- divers
happy :)

Stefano, this is why I wasn't able to come up with a bridge between Cocoon
and MapServer... just too busy building this app :(
Hopefully, I'll have more spare time now.

>From a technical point of view:

Front-end servers:
- Apache 1.3.19 (on three, load-balanced, Sun servers)

App. server:
- Sun Fire 2GB RAM, 2 processors
- Sun Solaris 8
- Sun JDK 1.3.1
- Tomcat 4.0.4
- Cocoon 2.0.2
- ArcIMS 3.1 (the software making the maps)

Data server:
- Sun Fire
- DB2 7.1

Best regards,

P.S.
Could someone add it to the live-sites list ?

               Luca Morandini
               GIS Consultant
              lmorandini@ieee.org