Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Adriano dos Santos Fernandes <ad...@uol.com.br> on 2008/12/26 16:05:33 UTC

DataTable columns markup

Hi!

First, I must say that I'm not a expert on valid HTML, I just tested my
markup with the w3c validator.

I created a MultiLinePropertyColumn class, that basically have:
    @Override
    public void populateItem(Item<ICellPopulator<T>> item,
        String componentId, IModel<T> rowModel)
    {
        MultiLineLabel label = new MultiLineLabel(componentId,
createLabelModel(rowModel));
        item.add(label);
    }

It then generates that markup:

But paragraphs are not valid inside span.

Won't it be better to generate divs instead of spans for each DataTable
(or one of its base component) columns, as divs are less restrictive?
Changing the markup directly in Firefox didn't changed the appearance in
my test.

Adriano