Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Puneet Kaur <pu...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/15 09:28:35 UTC

the spec file

Is it mandatory to make a spec file to add our platform to cordova ?

We are through with the rest of technicalities but dont have a spec file as
of now, so just wished to ask if spec file is mandatory to add our platform
to the cordova ?

Re: the spec file

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
We don't complete have total separation of platforms yet, the unit tests
live in cordova-lib repo for CLI workflow. One spec file per platform.

So I will suggest if you were going to add a new platform today to
cordova-lib that you add spec files to both cli and plugman.

https://github.com/apache/cordova-lib/tree/master/cordova-lib/spec-cordova/metadata/
https://github.com/apache/cordova-lib/tree/master/cordova-lib/spec-plugman/platforms/

These are more integration tests between tool and platform, but I was not
100% what you where referring with a term "spec" :-)

In terms of your own platform repo containing tests, that's up to the
platform implementation and nature of it.

--
Carlos Santana
<cs...@gmail.com>