Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Les Hazlewood <le...@katasoft.com> on 2010/08/13 23:40:21 UTC

SASL implementation

Hi all,

I have found myself needing to support a SASL-based authentication for my
own application protocol.  My assumption is that Apache Directory must
support this since it is required in the LDAP3 specification.  Does anyone
know of a starting point in the Directory codebase that I could look at as
an example and gleam ideas on how to support this in my own app?

Thanks for any pointers!

Best,

Les

Re: SASL implementation

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 2:36 AM, Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Les,
>
> On the server side (ApacheDS) take a look into the BindHandler[1]. If
> I'm not wrong, the javax.security.sasl implementations are used under
> the hood.
>
> On the client side (Studio) we just use JNDI to talk with the server,
> which also uses javax.security.sasl implementations.
>
> I'm not sure if SASL is supported in the new LDAP API. Anyone?
it was just added and is currently in a branch, this will be part of
the next 0.2 version of API
Take a look at the class[1] and the project[2]

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/directory/clients/ldap/branches/ldap-client-codec-merge/ldap-client-api/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/ldap/client/api/LdapNetworkConnection.java?revision=985686&view=markup&pathrev=985686

[2]http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/clients/ldap/branches/ldap-client-codec-merge/ldap-client-api/

P.S:- bot these are currently in a branch

Kiran Ayyagari

Re: SASL implementation

Posted by Les Hazlewood <le...@katasoft.com>.
Awesome - thanks so much for the pointers guys.  I'll dig right in!

Cheers,

Les

Re: SASL implementation

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.