Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by Rohitangsu Das <ro...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/22 15:04:03 UTC

Fwd: Regarding issue: SLING 4968

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: RohitNus <ro...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 12:34 PM
Subject: Regarding issue: SLING 4968
To: "dev-subscribe@taverna.incubator.apache.org" <dev-subscribe@taverna.
incubator.apache.org>

Hello Taverna Team,

I am Rohitangsu Das, currently pursuing my Masters in the field of computer
science from National University of Singapore. Previously, I did my
bachelors from Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur in the same field.

I am quite interested in working on topic SLING 4968, which involves
having knowledge about Zookeeper as a discovery mechanism, which I have
while handling Kakfa clusters which uses Zk for discovering and reporting
on the status of the nodes in the Kafka cluster. I also have experience in
Java, and I shall rate my proficiency as medium as nowadays I am involved a
lot with python. However, last year, I was involved in coding a distributed
peer-to-peer game in Java, which I handled quite well.

Also, although I am not new to software programming but I would consider
myself new to open source projects. However, I have experience in handling
source codes on 2 occasions:

   1. Understanding how the netfilter mechanism worked in Linux.
   2. Buillding mongod from source and understanding the storage mechanism,
   in the hope of tweaking it to serve specific needs.

Thanks,

Rohitangsu Das

10