Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/09 15:59:42 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Proton 0.30.0

Hi folks,

I have put together a spin for a Qpid Proton 0.30.0 release, please
give it a test out and vote accordingly.

The files can be grabbed from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton/0.30.0-rc1/

The JIRAs assigned are:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313720&version=12346009

It is tagged as 0.30.0-rc1.

Regards,
Robbie

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Proton 0.30.0

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2019-12-09 at 15:59 +0000, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a Qpid Proton 0.30.0 release, please
> give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The files can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton/0.30.0-rc1/
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313720&version=12346009
>
> It is tagged as 0.30.0-rc1.

+1

- Built on FreeBSD 12.0p12 (clang 6 based toolchain)
- Built on Raspberry Pi 4B, Raspbian Buster
- CTest - no memchecking - ok FreeBSD
- CTest - no memchecking - ok Raspberry pi
- CTest - asan - FreeBSD - issue running python test under asan on
clang based build - not blocking IMO
- CTest - asan - Raspberry Pi - issue running tox test under asan
(memory leak on swig/python) - not blocking IMO

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Proton 0.30.0

Posted by Ken Giusti <kg...@redhat.com>.
+1

built, install, and ctest on Ubuntu Xenial and Bionic
verified oslo.messaging and pyngus unit tests

On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 11:06 AM Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a Qpid Proton 0.30.0 release, please
> give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The files can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton/0.30.0-rc1/
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313720&version=12346009
>
> It is tagged as 0.30.0-rc1.
>
> Regards,
> Robbie

-K

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Proton 0.30.0

Posted by Ganesh Murthy <gm...@redhat.com>.
wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a Qpid Proton 0.30.0 release, please
> give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The files can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton/0.30.0-rc1/
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313720&version=12346009
>
> It is tagged as 0.30.0-rc1.

+1
* Validated signatures and checksums
* Checked LICENCE and NOTICE files present
* Built Qpid Dispatch master branch source against Proton 0.30.0 (rc1) in
Fedora 29 and ran Dispatch system tests. All tests passed.

Thanks.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 9 Dec 2019 at 15:59, Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a Qpid Proton 0.30.0 release, please
> give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The files can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton/0.30.0-rc1/
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313720&version=12346009
>
> It is tagged as 0.30.0-rc1.
>
> Regards,
> Robbie

+1

I checked things overas follows:
- Verified the signature and checksum files.
- Checked for LICENCE + NOTICE files present in the archive.
- Ran the build + tests, then installed.
- Ran Qpid Dispatch 1.8.0 + 1.9.0 routers, and Qpid CPP 1.39.0 broker
  against it which were previously built against Proton 0.29.0.
- Used the test_examples.py file to check various Python examples.
- Built Qpid Dispatch master against it and ran its tests.
- Built Qpid Dispatch 1.9.0 against it and ran its tests. There were a few
  test failures, but 'expected' ones already addressed on Dispatch master.
- Built Qpid CPP 1.39.0 against it and ran its tests.
- Ran Qpid JMS 0.48.0 RC1 HelloWorld against the routers and broker.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
I've tried this out and commented on the raised JIRA,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-2162. As it stands I dont
see this as a release blocking issue based on the description or the
previous and current behaviour I observed locally, and if there are
changes to be made think they can occur in a future release.

I discussed this offline with Chuck and some others, noting that I
currently intend to proceed with the release since this vote is stilll
passing as things stand. If folks do see this as a release blocker,
they should update or cast afresh their votes accordingly.

The vote will remain open for at least a few more hours from now, at
which point I'll update the thread again.

Robbie

Posted by Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com>.
-1

Posted by Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com>.
+1

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 12/9/19 10:59 AM, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a Qpid Proton 0.30.0 release, please
> give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The files can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton/0.30.0-rc1/
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313720&version=12346009
>
> It is tagged as 0.30.0-rc1.
>
> Regards,
> Robbie

+1

* Validated signatures and checksums
* Checked for license and notice files
* Built from source and ran the test suite.

--
Tim Bish

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Proton 0.30.0

Posted by Roddie Kieley <rk...@gmail.com>.
+1

macOS 10.14.6
* built without ruby and with go
* ran ctest -VV 100% successfully
* ran c broker receive and send examples
* ran cpp broker helloworld simple_recv simple_send
* ran go example_test

macOS 10.11.6
* built without ruby and without go