Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Jonathan Baynes <Jo...@tradeweb.com> on 2017/08/18 15:41:19 UTC

Removing Columns from production table

Hi

Is there anything I need to do after dropping a column and adding in a column to flush cassandra of the changes? We are experiencing issues with our front end application, and the developers are asking if the issue was caused by the change in schema, as I've done the drop and add of a column, have I missed something, do I need to make any further changes to the system with schema changes?

Using Cassandra 3.0.11

Thanks

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. Tradeweb reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks. If you do not wish to receive marketing emails about our products / services, please let us know by contacting us, either by email at contactus@tradeweb.com or by writing to us at the registered office of Tradeweb in the UK, which is: Tradeweb Europe Limited (company number 3912826), 1 Fore Street Avenue London EC2Y 9DT. To see our privacy policy, visit our website @ www.tradeweb.com.

Re: Removing Columns from production table

Posted by Jonathan Baynes <Jo...@tradeweb.com>.
Thanks Jeff I have a horrible feeling it may be. I'll get the errors from the dev guys Monday and email the group, hopefully I can tie this down.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Jeff Jirsa <jj...@gmail.com>.
Regrettably, this may be a manifestation of Cassandra-13004, which could corrupt data being read at the time you issued the ALTER TABLE command

What type of issues are you seeing? Anything in the logs?

--
Jeff Jirsa