Posted to user@spark.apache.org by ashishdutt <as...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/14 04:07:52 UTC

Upgrade Spark-1.3.0 to Spark-1.4.0 in CDH5.4

Hello all,
The configuration of my cluster is as follows;
# 4 noded cluster running on Centos OS 6.4
# spark-1.3.0 installed on all

I would like to use SparkR shipped with spark-1.4.0. I checked Cloudera and
find that the latest release CDH5.4 still does not have the spark-1.4.0.
Forums like StackExchange and Google groups suggest to do the process
manually by building the binaries and also caution that if spark-1.4.0 will
be used in CDH5.4 then it will not be supported by Cloudera as of now  see
here
<http://community.cloudera.com/t5/Advanced-Analytics-Apache-Spark/can-i-upgrade-spark-from-1-3-0-to-1-3-1-in-CDH-5-4-0/td-p/27137>
. (this link refers to an older version though)
I dont mind if it will be supported by Cloudera or not because eventually it
will but dont know when.
Meanwhile, production is at stake and I am not sure how will i go about
building the binaries (coming from Windows environment)
Therefore, can you suggest how can I upgrade spark-1.3.0 to spark-1.4.0 on
Centos 6.4 Final  or do i wait for Cloudera to roll out the upgrade?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Ashish