Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/17 09:56:22 UTC

[ACS44] release 4.4.2 imminent

People,

I want to make a new 4.4 release after not delivering the quality I
would like for 4.4.0 and 4.4.1. I want to call on all to test the head
of the 44 branch before I do. Both two prior releases have known
issues within one week after release. In my opinion it would be great
if we can prevent the next release from having such issues, so once
again please test to your best at 4.4 and report to me (in this thread
for instance).

I addition to that I would like to have a test and evaluation session
here @apachecon about the 4.4.2 to asses it's quality. Any of you
around Budapest are welcome to join in. Wednesday is the plan.

kind regards,
--
Daan

Re: [ACS44] release 4.4.2 imminent

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
I think for now, you may simply use lftp. I’ll play with rysncd this weekend and keep you posted.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.

Posted by Matthew Midgett <cl...@trick-solutions.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Matthew,

Posted by Matthew Midgett <cl...@trick-solutions.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.

--

Andrija Panić
--------------------------------------

Re: [ACS44] release 4.4.2 imminent

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@apache.org>.
Trying devcloud4 with 4.4 branch  and I'm having this issue:

[WARNING]
at
at
at org.codehaus.mojo.exec.ExecJavaMojo$1.run(ExecJavaMojo.java:297)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException: Unable to
upgrade the database
at
com.cloud.upgrade.DatabaseUpgradeChecker.upgrade(DatabaseUpgradeChecker.java:336)
at
com.cloud.upgrade.DatabaseUpgradeChecker.check(DatabaseUpgradeChecker.java:431)
at com.cloud.upgrade.DatabaseCreator.main(DatabaseCreator.java:217)
... 6 more
Caused by: com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException: Unable to find
db/schema-441to442.sql
at
com.cloud.upgrade.dao.Upgrade441to442.getPrepareScripts(Upgrade441to442.java:50)
at
com.cloud.upgrade.DatabaseUpgradeChecker.upgrade(DatabaseUpgradeChecker.java:303)
... 8 more

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
I think, till we o longer find bugs that bug us. Not sure, but as far
as I know there is no bug in it now. I just don't want to go into a 72
hour vote period now untill I get some support for the release.

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks !

On 17 November 2014 10:20, Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Andrija, you may find the latest snapshot rpms here:
> http://jenkins.buildacloud.org/view/4.4/job/cloudstack-4.4-package-rpm/
>
> --
> Erik
>
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 10:13 AM, Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Dan,
> >
> > would you mind provide 4.4.2 RPMs somewhere so we can test the upgrade
> from
> > 4.4.1 ?
> >
> > best
> >
> > On 17 November 2014 09:56, Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > People,
> > >
> > > I want to make a new 4.4 release after not delivering the quality I
> > > would like for 4.4.0 and 4.4.1. I want to call on all to test the head
> > > of the 44 branch before I do. Both two prior releases have known
> > > issues within one week after release. In my opinion it would be great
> > > if we can prevent the next release from having such issues, so once
> > > again please test to your best at 4.4 and report to me (in this thread
> > > for instance).
> > >
> > > I addition to that I would like to have a test and evaluation session
> > > here @apachecon about the 4.4.2 to asses it's quality. Any of you
> > > around Budapest are welcome to join in. Wednesday is the plan.
> > >
> > > kind regards,
> > > --
> > > Daan
> > >

> > --