Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Mark <ma...@mitsein.net> on 2006/09/13 19:39:06 UTC

AuthzSVNNoAuthWhenAnonymousAllowed

What does this feature do?  There is no doc on it at all that I have
found.  Only a note in the dev mailing list saying it was added.
Reading it literally, it seems like a superflous setting to me.  I
have my conf set like so:
                DAV svn
                SVNParentPath /svnroot
                # our access control policy
                AuthzSVNAccessFile /svnroot/.master-authz

                # try anonymous access first, resort to real
                # authentication if necessary.
                Satisfy Any
                Require valid-user

                AuthType Basic
                AuthLDAPAuthoritative on
                AuthName "SourceForge SVN Authentication"

With that, I get no prompt for auth when * = r.

--
Mark
"Blessed is he who finds happiness in his own foolishness, for he will

Re: AuthzSVNNoAuthWhenAnonymousAllowed

Posted by Lieven Govaerts <sv...@mobsol.be>.
Mark wrote:
> What does this feature do?  There is no doc on it at all that I have
> found.  Only a note in the dev mailing list saying it was added.
> Reading it literally, it seems like a superflous setting to me.  I
> have my conf set like so:
>                DAV svn
>                SVNParentPath /svnroot
>                # our access control policy
>                AuthzSVNAccessFile /svnroot/.master-authz
>
>                # try anonymous access first, resort to real
>                # authentication if necessary.
>                Satisfy Any
>                Require valid-user
>
>                AuthType Basic
>                AuthLDAPAuthoritative on
>                AuthName "SourceForge SVN Authentication"
>
> With that, I get no prompt for auth when * = r.

Mark,

AuthzSVNNoAuthWhenAnonymousAllowed has exactly the same effect as the
'Satisfy Any' line in your configuration. The reason it was added is
because in the next version of apache (2.4) the auth(n/z) code is
completely rewritten, thereby deprecating the 'Satisfy' keyword.

regards,

Lieven.