Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Benjamin Mahler <be...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/16 23:11:58 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Mesos 0.14.1 (rc1)

Hi all,

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Mesos version
0.14.1.

0.14.1 is a bug fix release that includes fixes for a small number of bugs
found while running 0.14.0 in production at Twitter.

The most important of these bugs are:
MESOS-662: When running Mesos with cgroups memory enforcement enabled, it
is possible for an OOM event to cause a deadlock situation in the Linux
kernel.

MESOS-420: This has crashed the master process on rare occasions only in
our large production clusters and as such it was missed during our testing
in a staging cluster.

MESOS-711: It's possible for the master to "over-subscribe" slaves (offer
more resources than the slave contains). This manifests primarily when
upgrading from 0.13.x to 0.14.0 on a running cluster.

We've also included some bug fixes related to the reliability of the new
slave recovery feature (we discovered these by killing slaves at frequent
intervals to stress test recovery). These are MESOS-679 and MESOS-680.

The remaining bugs can be seen here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311242&version=12324994

The candidate for Mesos 0.14.1 release is available at:
http://people.apache.org/~bmahler/mesos-0.14.1-RC1/mesos-0.14.1.tar.gz

The tag to be voted on is 0.14.1-rc1:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=mesos.git;a=commit;h=3cf5803d42bd31bde7c20acb8b8384ecb933f0fd

The MD5 checksum of the tarball can be found at:
http://people.apache.org/~bmahler/mesos-0.14.1-RC1/mesos-0.14.1.tar.gz.md5

The signature of the tarball can be found at:
http://people.apache.org/~bmahler/mesos-0.14.1-RC1/mesos-0.14.1.tar.gz.asc

The PGP key used to sign the release is here:
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xD0BEBB95D141A5B6

(I filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-6885 to get my key
added to our KEYS file).

The JAR is up in maven in a staging repository here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemesos-190/

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Mesos 0.14.1!

The vote is open until Friday, October 18th at 21:00 UTC and passes if
a majority of at least 3 +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Mesos 0.14.1

Ben

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mesos 0.14.1 (rc1)

Posted by Dave Lester <da...@ischool.berkeley.edu>.
+1 (binding)

Successfully ran `make check` on OSX 10.8.5.

Posted by Dave Lester <da...@ischool.berkeley.edu>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Benjamin Hindman <be...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Benjamin Hindman <be...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Tested on Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit.

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Tested on Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit.

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>.
+1 from me:

SIGS and checksums pass:

[chipotle:~/tmp/apache-mesos-0.14.1-rc1] mattmann%
$HOME/bin/verify_gpg_sigs
Verifying Signature for file mesos-0.14.1.tar.gz.asc
gpg: Signature made Wed Oct 16 12:39:16 2013 PDT using RSA key ID D141A5B6
gpg: Good signature from "Benjamin Mahler <be...@gmail.com>"
gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the
owner.
Primary key fingerprint: E3A6 E5EF 7B67 C142 5B53  F072 D0BE BB95 D141 A5B6
[chipotle:~/tmp/apache-mesos-0.14.1-rc1] mattmann%
$HOME/bin/verify_md5_checksums
md5sum: stat '*.bz2': No such file or directory
md5sum: stat '*.zip': No such file or directory
md5sum: stat '*.tgz': No such file or directory
mesos-0.14.1.tar.gz: OK
[chipotle:~/tmp/apache-mesos-0.14.1-rc1] mattmann%

Didn't have time to build the code this time.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Chris