Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "R.I.Pienaar" <ri...@devco.net> on 2011/11/11 22:23:33 UTC

temp destinations in network of brokers

hello

I wish to use temp topics (or queues) in a network of brokers

At the most basic level this works fine:

I subscribe to /temp-topic/foo in my stomp client.
I send a message with that in the reply-to header

On the remote I see reply to translated into /remote-temp-queue/ID:monitor2.xx.net-59626-1320978211687-5:3572:1
and that all works fine.

Immediately after though all the brokers on my network gets completely
flooded with advisories on ActiveMQ.Advisory.TempQueue:

for example:

{"DestinationInfo": {
  "commandId": 0,
  "responseRequired": false,
  "connectionId": {
    "value": "ID:monitor2.xx.net-53069-1321036534768-16:2"
  },
  "destination": {
    "@class": "ActiveMQTempQueue",
    "string": "ID:monitor2.xx.net-53069-1321036534768-5:33:2",
    "null": {}
  },
  "operationType": 1,
  "timeout": 0
}}

My brokers are a->b->c so I have a TTL of 2 on the network connections.

Can anyone provide any hints on what I might do to improve the situation with
temp queues or topics on networks of brokers?

thanks!

--
R.I.Pienaar

Re: temp destinations in network of brokers

Posted by "R.I.Pienaar" <ri...@devco.net>.

> Hm, yeah that sounds broken. It's maybe related to the fact there is
> a Stomp in the mix. Can you raise an issue for this (as much details as
> you have) and I'll try to reproduce it.

thanks, I'll try to create a set of configs that can reproduce and then open
a ticket

Re: temp destinations in network of brokers

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hm, yeah that sounds broken. It's maybe related to the fact there is a
Stomp in the mix. Can you raise an issue for this (as much details as you
have) and I'll try to reproduce it.

Regards
Blog - http://www.nighttale.net

Posted by "R.I.Pienaar" <ri...@devco.net>.