Posted to user@spark.apache.org by 余 浪 <yu...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/03 12:09:11 UTC

Could Spark make use of Intel Xeon Phi?

Hi,

I have set up Spark 1.0.2 on the cluster using standalone mode and the input is managed by HDFS. One node of the cluster has Intel Xeon Phi 5110P coprocessor. Is there any possibility that spark could be aware of Phi and run job on Xeon Phi? Do I have to modify the code of scheduler?

Thanks!

Lang Yu

Re: Could Spark make use of Intel Xeon Phi?

Posted by 牛兆捷 <nz...@gmail.com>.
What are the specific features of intel Xeon Phi that can be utilized by
Spark?

> I have set up Spark 1.0.2 on the cluster using standalone mode and the
> input is managed by HDFS. One node of the cluster has Intel Xeon Phi 5110P
> coprocessor. Is there any possibility that spark could be aware of Phi and
> run job on Xeon Phi? Do I have to modify the code of scheduler?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Lang Yu

*Regards,*
*Zhaojie*