Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Yo...@gd-ais.com on 2004/05/03 20:05:11 UTC

Signing jars before deployment

Does anyone know of a good way to sign jars before deploying them?  I've
tried writing the following goal:

        <goal name="jar:sign">
                <attainGoal name="jar:jar"/>
                <signjar jar="${maven.build.dir}/${maven.final.name}.jar"
alias="milkshake" storepass="frylock"/>
                <attainGoal name="jar:deploy"/>
        </goal>

Unfortunately, after the jar is signed the deploy goal causes the jar to be
built again, without being signed.  I couldn't seem to find any properties
in the jar plugin reference to help with this, so I was wondering if anyone
has any idea what the best approach to this would be.  Thanks.

Yoway Buorn
Software Engineer
Imagery Systems Engineering

GENERAL DYNAMICS
Advanced Information Systems

"I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death's door."  --
???