Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com> on 2004/03/12 21:17:04 UTC

statcvs

Hi there,

i have trouble to use the statcvs report.
Since the changelog report is running well, i dont think the problem is
releated to the cvs login.
I wondering that the plugin missing a property since the documentation
does say there are not properties required.
Has someone any idea what's going on? Google has no answer. ;/

statcvs:init:

statcvs:generate:
     [echo] fetching cvs logs...
     [cvs] Using cvs passfile: /Users/joa/.cvspass
     [java] StatCvs-XML - CVS statistics generation
     [java]
     [java] Cannot recognize web repository type. Please select it
explicitly
     [java] Usage: java -jar statcvs-xml-0.9.0.jar [options] <logfile>
<directory>
     [java]
     [java] Required parameters:
     [java]   <logfile>          path to the cvs logfile of the module
     [java]   <directory>        path to the directory of the checked
out module
     [java]

Thanks for any hints.
Stefan

RE: statcvs

Posted by Marcin Werla <mw...@tlen.pl>.
Hi,

> statcvs:init:
>
> statcvs:generate:
>      [echo] fetching cvs logs...
>      [cvs] Using cvs passfile: /Users/joa/.cvspass
>      [java] StatCvs-XML - CVS statistics generation
>      [java]
>      [java] Cannot recognize web repository type. Please select it
> explicitly
>      [java] Usage: java -jar statcvs-xml-0.9.0.jar [options] <logfile>
> <directory>
>      [java]
>      [java] Required parameters:
>      [java]   <logfile>          path to the cvs logfile of the module
>      [java]   <directory>        path to the directory of the checked
> out module
>      [java]

I have experienced similar problem - I think it is caused by lack of URL to
the project's browsable CVS repository, which should be defined in POM. In
plugin.jelly of the statcvs plugin statcvs is executed with an option which
requires this browsable repository definition. I think you have two
possibilities: you can add URL (maybe some fake one ;-) or modifiy
plugin.jelly and remove mentioned option - look to the file and you'll see.
I hope this will help.

--
Pozdrawiam,
 Marcin Werla                        mailto:Marcin.Werla@man.poznan.pl