Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Fulvio Guglielmelli <fu...@yahoo.it> on 2007/10/04 11:23:26 UTC

JAVA REQUEST - ${__CSVRead and NEXT VALUE

Hi,
  i have a JAVA REQUEST  class with parameter
     a |  ${__CSVRead(try.csv,0)}
  whei i run the test, into the java class it always read the first ROW of try.csv file.

Into the log i saw jmeter read the next value i don't know how take it to be use.
  I tried to use
       a |  ${__CSVRead(try.csv,next)}
     a |  ${__CSVRead(try.csv,next())}
  or into the java class class
       params.addArgument("a", "${__CSVRead(try.csv.csv,next())}");

  but Jmeter return null value
  I can make in  way
1) Using a loop Controller
2) Using a ${__counter(,)}
  My problem is: HOW CAN  I PASS THE counter VALUE TO THE JAVA CLASS and use it in CSVRead?

  Could you help me?
FULVIO

---------------------------------

---------------------------------

Re: JAVA REQUEST - ${__CSVRead and NEXT VALUE

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
That's by design - CSVRead will always start a new line for each new
thread, but will only start a new line within a thread if the thread
uses next.

Otherwise how would JMeter know if the thread had finished reading
columns from the row?

Posted by neetu kulshrestha <na...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 04/10/2007, Fulvio Guglielmelli <fu...@yahoo.it> wrote:
> Hi,
>  i have a JAVA REQUEST  class with parameter
>     a |  ${__CSVRead(try.csv,0)}
>  whei i run the test, into the java class it always read the first ROW of try.csv file.

Because you have not used next()

The following should work:

${__CSVRead(try.csv,0)}${__CSVRead(try.csv,next)}

But the CSV Dataset element is much easier to use.

> Into the log i saw jmeter read the next value i don't know how take it to be use.
>  I tried to use
>       a |  ${__CSVRead(try.csv,next)}
>     a |  ${__CSVRead(try.csv,next())}
>  or into the java class class
>       params.addArgument("a", "${__CSVRead(try.csv.csv,next())}");
>
>  but Jmeter return null value
>  I can make in  way
> 1) Using a loop Controller
> 2) Using a ${__counter(,)}
>  My problem is: HOW CAN  I PASS THE counter VALUE TO THE JAVA CLASS and use it in CSVRead?
>  Could you help me?

What are you trying to achieve?

I don't understand what the counter has got to do with CSVRead.