Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Robert Menschel <Ro...@Menschel.net> on 2004/08/11 02:57:55 UTC

Re[2]: SARE_HTML_NO_BODY question

Hello Bryan,

Tuesday, August 10, 2004, 8:38:24 AM, Chris wrote:

CS> Do you also have this rule __SARE_HTML_HAS_MSG ?
CS> IF you don't have this rule, then this other rule will always hit.

More to the point, where do you have this rule?  It sounds like you have
an OLD version of our html1.cf file -- the first release of
70_sare_html*.cf stated that file 0 should always be used, and file 1
should be used by more aggressive systems, file 2 by systems even more
aggressive, etc.  The __SARE_HTML_HAS_MSG rule was in file 0, and the
SARE_HTML_NO_BODY was in file 1. Several people misread or misinterpreted
the instructions, and used file 1 without file 0, a) getting these same
results, and b) missing a whole lot of benefit from file 0.

It took only two weeks of this type of question before I added the
__SARE_HTML_HAS_MSG rule to file 1, and that was in April.

Hie thee to http://www.rulesemporium.com and get thee the current files 0
and files 1, and thy problems shalt melt away (at least this one should).

Bob Menschel

--
Best regards,
 Robert                            mailto:Robert@Menschel.net