Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Domen, Ken" <Ke...@nike.com> on 2002/02/15 18:46:36 UTC

simple text field value display

I'm trying to do something simple-- to render the value of a bean in a
textfield.

name=form" property="supplierID" />" /></td>

when the documentation says use the bean property tags to get the value,
what does
it mean?

thanks.
ken

Re: simple text field value display

Posted by Keith <ke...@yahoo.com>.
Take the value= clause off. I never use it. Struts will call
public String getSupplierID()
in your formBean to set the value on output
& setSupplierID(String xxxx)
on submission of the form.

I think value= is to give an initial value if you aren't invoking your jsp via
an action.
K.