Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gurkan Erdogdu <cg...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/12 08:34:39 UTC

Stopping Catalina From MBean Server

Hello;

Environment : Tomcat 6.0.20
OS              : XP Professional 2002 SP3

Is anybody try to stop the catalina engine from jconsole. I have been using
Tomcat 6.0.20, and trying to stop Catalina from jconsole. I click
"Catalina/Service/Catalina/Operations/stop" on the MBean view. INFO messages
are written to the console related with stopping operation like below;

INFO : Stopping service CATALINA
INFO : Stopping Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080

But never shut downs cleanly and waits there. If you look at the MBean view
now, some of them are removed.

WDYT?

Thanks;

--Gurkan

Re: Stopping Catalina From MBean Server

Posted by Kees Jan Koster <kj...@gmail.com>.
Dear Gerukan,

A while back I wrote a short howto on diagnosing Tomcat servers that hang on shutdown. Perhaps you find it useful? http://java-monitor.com/forum/showthread.php?t=616 In short: make a thread dump and hunt down the threads that should have died, but have not.
--
Kees Jan

http://java-monitor.com/
kjkoster@kjkoster.org
06-51838192

The secret of success lies in the stability of the goal. -- Benjamin Disraeli