Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> on 2001/02/18 11:30:57 UTC

add rename symbols to ap*_compat.h

Doug,

In your big rename, you forgot to add the old->new name conversions to the
ap*_compat.h files. (apu_compat and apr_compat)

Were you planning to do that, or should we find a volunteer? :-)

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: add rename symbols to ap*_compat.h

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@bellsouth.net>.
Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> writes:

> Okay, people. Here is your chance to vote.
>
>   add 2.0 symbol renames to ap*_compat.h:
>       -0: Greg, Doug

        -0: Jeff

(-0.2 actually, but why be different)
             Born in Roswell... married an alien...

Re: add rename symbols to ap*_compat.h

Posted by Cliff Woolley <jc...@cs.virginia.edu>.
On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Greg Stein wrote:

> Okay, people. Here is your chance to vote.
>
>   add 2.0 symbol renames to ap*_compat.h:
>       -0: Greg, Doug

I don't know if I get to vote or not, but I'm -0 anyway.  :-]

--Cliff

Re: add rename symbols to ap*_compat.h

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
Okay, people. Here is your chance to vote.

  add 2.0 symbol renames to ap*_compat.h:
      -0: Greg, Doug

I had thought somebody cared, but if not, then I'm going to close this
issue, and toss out the ap_xml -> apr_xml renames that I included.

Cheers,
-g

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Sun, 18 Feb 2001, Greg Stein wrote:

> Yes, I was thinking the 2.0 names. Personally, I don't care about them at
> all. I'd just as soon not worry about compat names for them, but was under
> the impression that other people wanted API consistency with our previous
> 2.0 alpha releases.

it would be easy to generate one, but everybody seemed ok with running the
apr_rename.pl script on their project trees.  i was under the impression
we did not want compat foo for anything other than 1.3.x names, at least
not in the cvs tree.

> > btw, i missed one apr_clear_pool -> apr_pool_clear, ok to make that
> > change?
>
> Of course :-)

done.

Re: add rename symbols to ap*_compat.h

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Sun, Feb 18, 2001 at 01:44:00PM -0800, dougm@apache.org wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Feb 2001, Greg Stein wrote:
>
> > Doug,
> >
> > In your big rename, you forgot to add the old->new name conversions to the
> > ap*_compat.h files. (apu_compat and apr_compat)
>
> the 1.3.x ap_* compat macros were updated to reflect the changes, e.g.
> #define ap_make_array apr_make_array
>  became
> #define ap_make_array apr_array_make

Ah. Cool.

> are you looking for 2.0-only apr_old_name -> apr_new_name ?
> api is subject to change before beta, i don't see any reason to provide
> these.  or are you talking about something else?

Yes, I was thinking the 2.0 names. Personally, I don't care about them at
all. I'd just as soon not worry about compat names for them, but was under
the impression that other people wanted API consistency with our previous
2.0 alpha releases.

> btw, i missed one apr_clear_pool -> apr_pool_clear, ok to make that
> change?

Of course :-)

Cheers,
-g