Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Pablo Estrada <pa...@google.com> on 2018/08/03 23:27:56 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Beam, version 2.6.0, release candidate #2

Hello everyone!

Extra, extra! The Apache Beam 2.6.0 release candidate #2 is out.

Please review and vote on the release candidate #2 for the version 2.6.0,
as follows:

[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

The complete staged set of artifacts is available for your review, which
includes:
* JIRA release notes [1],
* the official Apache source release to be deployed to dist.apache.org [2],
which is signed with the key with fingerprint
2F1FEDCDF6DD7990422F482F65224E0292DD8A51 [3],
* all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [4],
* source code tag "v2.6.0-RC2" [5],
* website pull request listing the release and publishing the API reference
manual [6]. This did not change from the previous RC.
* Python artifacts are deployed along with the source release to the
dist.apache.org [2].

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. It is adopted by majority
approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

Regards
-Pablo.

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12319527&version=12343392
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/beam/2.6.0/
[3] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/beam/KEYS
[4] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebeam-1045/
[5] https://github.com/apache/beam/tree/v2.6.0-RC2
[6] https://github.com/apache/beam-site/pull/518
--
Got feedback? go/pabloem-feedback

Re: [VOTE] Apache Beam, version 2.6.0, release candidate #2

Posted by Pablo Estrada <pa...@google.com>.
Hi all,

The vote started last Friday, and today we mark 4 days of boring time. With
that in mind, I'm excited to announce that we have unanimously approved
this release.

There are 7 approving votes, 3 of which are binding:
* Ahmet Altay
* Jean-Baptiste Onofré
* Reuven Lax

There are no disapproving votes.

I will go ahead and finalize the release.
Thanks everyone!
-P.

Thanks everyone!

Posted by Pablo Estrada <pa...@google.com>.
I'll vote +1 as well.

Posted by Reuven Lax <re...@google.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Pablo Estrada <pa...@google.com>.
Hello all,

Posted by Boyuan Zhang <bo...@google.com>.
Hey Valentyn,

Posted by Valentyn Tymofieiev <va...@google.com>.
+1 (non-binding).

Posted by Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Boyuan Zhang <bo...@google.com>.
+1 non-binding

Posted by Suneel Marthi <sm...@apache.org>.
+1 non-binding

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

- verified signatures and hashes
- built Quickstart with Java Maven archetype against staging repo
- verified for Apex runner (embedded + YARN)

Please include the acceptance table with future VOTE emails:
https://s.apache.org/beam-release-validation

Thanks!