Posted to user@hama.apache.org by Vahe nr <vn...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/04 10:45:48 UTC

java.net.ConnectException: Call to hmaster/IP:9000 failed on connection exception

Dear all,

I have a Hadoop cluster with one Namenode and one Datanode the cluster is
working on which I have executed several examples.
Just now I want to use hama for some programming purposes, but when I am
trying to start hama I am getting the following:
2013-09-04 12:22:44,510 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client: Retrying connect
to server: hmaster/IP:9000. Already tried 9 time(s).
2013-09-04 12:22:44,513 ERROR org.apache.hama.bsp.BSPMaster: Can't get
connection to Hadoop Namenode!
java.net.ConnectException: Call to hmaster/IP:9000 failed on connection
exception: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

I am using hadoop-1.0.4 and hama-0.6.2

Hama config files are:
hama-site.xml
<configuration>
<property>
      <name>bsp.master.address</name>
      <value>hmaster:40000</value>
      <description>The address of the bsp master server. Either the
      literal string "local" or a host:port for distributed mode
      </description>
    </property>

    <property>
      <name>fs.default.name</name>
      <value>hdfs://hmaster:9000/</value>
      <description>
        The name of the default file system. Either the literal string
        "local" or a host:port for HDFS.
      </description>
    </property>

    <property>
      <name>hama.zookeeper.quorum</name>
      <value>hmaster</value>
      <description>Comma separated list of servers in the ZooKeeper Quorum.
      For example, "host1.mydomain.com,host2.mydomain.com,host3.mydomain.com
".
      By default this is set to localhost for local and pseudo-distributed
modes
      of operation. For a fully-distributed setup, this should be set to a
full
      list of ZooKeeper quorum servers. If HAMA_MANAGES_ZK is set in
hama-env.sh
      this is the list of servers which we will start/stop zookeeper on.
      </description>
    </property>

groomservers
hslave01   //which is the node name

I will appreciate any help or suggestion to overcome this problem.

Let me mention that when I am executing /stop-bspd.sh  I am getting the
following:
no bspmaster to stop
hslave01: stopping groom
hmaster: stopping zookeeper

So the groom and zookeeper are working fine.

Regards,
 Vahe

Re: java.net.ConnectException: Call to hmaster/IP:9000 failed on connection exception

Posted by Vahe nr <vn...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Ok I have solved the issue it was the port number in the conf file, thanks
for your help.

Regards,
 Vahe

Posted by Vahe nr <vn...@gmail.com>.