Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Thierry Kormann <tk...@ilog.fr> on 2001/12/06 11:46:55 UTC

Re: Jdk 1.4 & JPEG generation

On Friday 12 October 2001 13:33, Bala Bharathan wrote:
> Hello -
>
> I am trying to use Batik for SVG to JPEG rasterization using Jdk 1.4
> (beta). For some reason, Batik doesn't generate JPEG and however it can
> generate PNG/TIFF.  Is there any obvious reasons that impose dependencies
> on Jdk1.3 ?

The Java2D API is a bit different in jdk1.4 (some bug have been fixed - some
of our workarounds have to be removed). We are all using jdk1.3 to develop
batik so batik has been widely tested on jdk1.3.

The next release of jdk1.4 should have some important bug fixes and we should
be able to ensure that batik works with this future release. Till now, we
don't officially support jdk1.4.

Thierry.