Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jörg Agatz <jo...@googlemail.com> on 2009/06/30 11:07:11 UTC

Nightly-Build NO wildcards?

Hallo Users...

I have download today the New Nightly Build for a testing System...

I have eddit my "schema.xml"
and runn the Server...
Indext my Own Text XML and search for this...

I indext file name:

Test01 in file 1
Test02 in file 2
Test03 in file 3
Test04 in file 4
Test05 in file 5
Test06 in file 6

Now i Search "Test*" and Hope to become all 6 Files, but i get Nothing.

When i search Test01 i get one file, ect..

What happens with the Wildcard funtion...

I have test your Schema-XML and your Test XML, but the Same..

Some ideas?

Re: Nightly-Build NO wildcards?

Posted by Jörg Agatz <jo...@googlemail.com>.
Ok, thats work...
Sorry for this Simple question

Re: Nightly-Build NO wildcards?

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
What happens when you search for test* ?

Wildcard terms are not analyzed, and thus not lowercased, yet when you
indexed you likely lowercased all terms by way of the analyzer
configuration for the field you're querying.

One solution/workaround is simply to lowercase the entire query string
on the client side before sending to Solr.

	Erik