Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jacob Coby <jc...@listingbook.com> on 2002/08/21 16:47:24 UTC

Re: character set confusion

>>For example:
A file saved as "åäöÅÄÖ.txt" will display OK in Navigator or IE or in
directory listings as "åäöÅÄÖ.txt", but if you click on the filename, it
will display as "%e5%e4%f6%c5%c4%d6.txt" in the Open or Save As dialog
boxes.

All users are on Windows NT4sp6 workstations. Perhaps this is not solved at
the Apache end of things but I would be grateful for any information.<<

As far as I've been able to tell, this is an issue with Windows, not Apache.
The % numbers are url-encoded, and, for whatever reason, IE (and other
browsers) will not decode them.

-Jacob
http://www.listingbook.com