Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Darren Hartford <dh...@ghsinc.com> on 2003/05/01 19:52:49 UTC

Jetspeed and Jboss

Hi All,
two part e-mail: present Jboss integration support, future Jboss integration support

Present Jboss Integration Support:
I have seen a lot of support for Jetspeed on Turbine (where it started from), but I still have yet to see 'offical' support (i.e. documented/coded) for implementing Jetspeed on JBoss. Yes, could go through the thousands of e-mails in the mailing list and piece-meal together something (I've done that in the past), but that is not a good idea for when trying to move Jetspeed towards a production environment.

Has anyone started this, or has documentation already put together at a website not available on the primary Jetspeed site?

Future Jboss Integration Support:
As far as I can tell with a quick look, the only real change is the security implementations to integrate Jetspeed into Jboss.
Here is the default implementation from the website:

*Default Implementation  Description*
TurbineAuthentication
RegistryAccessController
TurbineAccessController
NoSecurityAccessController
TurbineUserManagement
TurbineRoleManagement
TurbineGroupManagement
TurbinePermissionManagement

Is there plans for similar implementations for Jboss, so can have more reliable installation from stock Jetspeed code?  Hopefully, someone may already have this code available or is very experienced in Jetspeed and/or Jboss and can write it rather quickly, otherwise I'll step-up and eventually put something together if the community agrees this may be a good idea.

Looking for input!

thanky,
-D

Re: Jetspeed and Jboss

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Thursday, May 1, 2003, at 10:52  AM, Darren Hartford wrote:
> Is there plans for similar implementations for Jboss, so can have more
> reliable installation from stock Jetspeed code?  Hopefully, someone
> may already have this code available or is very experienced in
> Jetspeed and/or Jboss and can write it rather quickly, otherwise I'll
> step-up and eventually put something together if the community agrees
> this may be a good idea.
>
> Looking for input!

I think its a good idea and JBoss integration would be a nice addition
to the next release!

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software