Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Shuai Di <sh...@apache.org> on 2022/01/06 14:54:03 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Linkis (Incubating) 1.0.3-RC1

Hello Incubator Community,

The Apache Linkis community has voted and approved the release of Apache
Linkis(incubating) 1.0.3-RC1. We now kindly request IPMC members and the
incubator community to help review and vote for this release.

Apache Linkis builds a computation middleware layer to decouple the upper
applications and the underlying data engines, provides standardized
interfaces (REST, JDBC, WebSocket etc.) to easily connect to various
underlying engines (Spark, Presto, Flink, etc.), while enables cross engine
context sharing, unified job& engine governance and orchestration.

Linkis community vote thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread/rkbqlym5s1zcnqh4ml3nzhfvtx5x5c21

Linkis community vote result thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread/002dpo7x5hvm2xwxb303y9fqxkjgtmzy

The release candidates:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/linkis/release-1.0.3-rc1

Git tag for the release:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-linkis/releases/tag/release-1.0.3-rc1

Release notes: https://linkis.apache.org/docs/1.0.3/release-note

The artifacts signed with PGP key [4EE54474], corresponding to [
shuaidi@apache.org], that can be found in keys file:
    • https://downloads.apache.org/incubator/linkis/KEYS

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until necessary number of
votes are reached.

Please vote accordingly:
[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Thanks!
On behalf of Apache Linkis(Incubating) community.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Linkis (Incubating) 1.0.3-RC1

Posted by peacewong <pe...@apache.org>.
Thank Craig.

> For the next release vote (both dev@ and general@ lists) please include a
> check list for folks to use to validate the release. A simple +1 doesn't
> really mean anything.

   We will make clear the  check  rules with PPMC members and everyone else.

"Binding" is a specific term of art at Apache. For a podling release vote,
> it means the voter is a member of the IPMC.
> For votes on the dev@ list, it may be useful to identify three categories
> of voters:
> Mentors
> PPMC members
> everyone else

> For votes on the general@ list, it is useful to identify two categories
> of voters:
> IPMC members (binding votes)
> everyone else

You should encourage your Mentors to vote on the release on the dev@ list.

Thank you for your explanation, we will deal with subsequent process
matters according to Apache Way

Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> 于2022年1月8日周六 00:00写道:

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Le Bai <le...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by peacewong <pe...@apache.org>.

> > This problem with  -LICENSE and NOTIC , do we need to remove the licenses
> > and notices of  Category   B and  X?

Only licenses from software included in the source release need to be
> mentioned in LICENSE and NOTICE not all dependancies. This may make the
> LICENSE file different for the source release and the binary release.

Also make sure there are no non optional dependancies on Category X
> software.

Thank you, we will handle this according to the rules.

Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> 于2022年1月8日周六 07:32写道:

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by peacewong <pe...@apache.org>.
Hi. Justin
---LICENSE and NOTICE are not correct and include licenses that are not
Category A licenses. One;y code that is Category A can be included in a
source release and there should be no reason to mention any other Category
B or Category X software. The license and notice should represent what is
in the source release and not as I think has been done here and list the
licenses of all dependancies. [1]

Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> 于2022年1月7日周五 12:55写道:

Posted by Shuai Di <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi Mclean and Kirs,

Thanks for the checking and guidances. I'd cancel this vote here, will
re-initiate a vote after solved the problems you indicated.
Thanks again for helping Linkis become a better, more Apache Way compliant
project :)

Shuai Di
Best Regards.

Posted by Shuai Di <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi  Yonglun,

Thanks for the checking and guidances!

- signatures and hashes are fine
[reply] We used gpg --print-md SHA512 to generate the hashes which caused
the format problem. Will change to shasum instead.

- No unexpected binary files
In the src package, there are binary files:
./linkis-engineconn-plugins/engineconn-plugins/python/src/main/py4j/py4j-0.10.7-src.zip
./linkis-engineconn-plugins/engineconn-plugins/python/src/main/py4j/pyspark.zip
[reply] There are python source scripts in these 2 zips. We found similar
zips in other Apache releases too, for example in Zeppelin.

- In the Git tag [1], there's the download links[2]. I think the download
links should only exist in the download page, and it's not the time to
publish the download links for now.
[reply] We'll take the advice and delete the download link in Git tag.

- In the apache-linkis-1.0.3-incubating-bin.tar.gz package, there's
apache-linkis-1.0.3-incubating-dist.tar.gz binary file.
[reply] The initial goal was to separate the installation materials
(installation scripts, configuration) more clearly from the main project
materials. We could abandon the tarball form and put the uncompressed
directory in the root of the binary package.

- apache-linkis-1.0.3-incubating-bin.tar.gz is larger than 500MB, is it
possible to streamline it?
[reply] The size is not small indeed, mostly due to we included some
environment dependency jars to make it easier for users. We'll try to
shrink it in later releases.

Shuai Di
Best Regards.

Zhang Yonglun <zh...@apache.org> 于2022年1月7日周五 11:43写道:

Posted by Calvin Kirs <ki...@apache.org>.
朱辉 <li...@apache.org> 于2022年1月7日周五 12:07写道:

>    +1(binding)

Hi, only IPMC's vote is binding.

> [...]
> > >
> > > The release candidates:
> > >

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/linkis/release-1.0.3-rc1
> > >
> > > Git tag for the release:
> > >

> https://github.com/apache/incubator-linkis/releases/tag/release-1.0.3-rc1
> > >
> > > Release notes: https://linkis.apache.org/docs/1.0.3/release-note
> > >
> > > The artifacts signed with PGP key [4EE54474], corresponding to [
> > > shuaidi@apache.org], that can be found in keys file:
> > >     • https://downloads.apache.org/incubator/linkis/KEYS
> > >
> > > The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until necessary number
> of
> > > votes are reached.
> > >
> > > Please vote accordingly:
> > > [ ] +1 approve
> > > [ ] +0 no opinion
> > > [ ] -1 disapprove with the reason
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > > On behalf of Apache Linkis(Incubating) community.

Best  wishes!
CalvinKirs

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Linkis (Incubating) 1.0.3-RC1

Posted by 朱辉 <li...@apache.org>.
   +1(binding)

Posted by Calvin Kirs <ki...@apache.org>.
Hi:

I suggest to re-initiate a vote on the dev mailing list. I observed the
dev's voting thread. There are very few valid votes for PPMC. Most people
only have a simple +1 without listing their own checklist result
.

Posted by Zhang Yonglun <zh...@apache.org>.
Hi,