Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Joern Muehlencord <jo...@muehlencord.de> on 2006/05/08 23:09:18 UTC

Jetspeed2 and Postgresql

Hi all,

I tried to install jetspeed2 today using Postgresql 8.0.3 from the
mulidb package.

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/getting-started-installer.html says
that it is possible to install by using postgres as a databse. But the
db creation process fails with message
/tmp/antinstall2/build.xml:52: Source file does not exist

The problem is, that there is no directory for postgres, only for mysql,
msql, orcale and derby.

The questions about the database were answered as follows:

Please fill in the fields below with the approriate database
information. The default values should work
Database type   [default:derby]
postgres

Database User Name   [default:null]
jomu

Database Password   [default:null]
secret

JDBC Connection String
[default:jdbc:derby:/usr/local/java/jetspeed2/webapps/jetspeed/WEB-INF/productiondb;create=true]
jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/jetspeed

JDBC Driver Classname   [default:org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver]
org.postgresql.Driver

JDBC driver
[default:/usr/local/java/jetspeed2/shared/lib/derby-10.1.1.0.jar]
/usr/local/java/jdk1.5.0_06/jre/lib/ext/postgresql-8.0-315.jdbc3.jar

Did I something wrong? How can I use the default scripts?
Is the package incomplete?
Or is the website incorrect?

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Joern

Re: Jetspeed2 and Postgresql

Posted by Jacek Wiślicki <ja...@gmail.com>.
Wiadomosc od Joern Muehlencord z 2006-05-08 23:09 brzmiala:

> Did I something wrong? How can I use the default scripts?
> Is the package incomplete?
> Or is the website incorrect?
See: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-442. The scripts are in
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12321253/postgres.zip.
Add the contents of the archive to the installer JAR (in 'database'
dir). The database platform should be then referred to as 'postgres'.

The schema is included in the current trunk version.

--
pozdrawiam,
     Jacek Wislicki

jacek.wislicki@gmail.com