Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Phil Siegrist <ps...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/25 16:54:13 UTC

conf flag change from .12 to .13

Hi all,

I'm running into an issue with the deploy scripts in mesos 0.13.0

The mesos-daemon.sh script has the folliwing:

nohup ${exec_prefix}/sbin/${PROGRAM} \
 * --conf=${prefix}/var/mesos/conf* ${@} </dev/null >/dev/null 2>&1 &

However the mesos-master bin does not support the --conf flag and fails.

Am I missing something?

-Phil

Re: conf flag change from .12 to .13

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <be...@gmail.com>.
Looks like 0.13.0 does not have the fix cherry-picked. 0.14.0 is incoming
and will include the fix, until then you can cherry-pick the following
commit, although it may depend on additional patches!

commit 028d500c6d00023c8a56b37f885207adfd1e9a50
Author: Charles Reiss <wo...@apache.org>
Date:   Fri Jun 14 22:16:38 2013 -0700

    Update deploy scripts.

    This modifies the deploy scripts to work now that --conf is not
    longer supported. Instead, the deploy scripts source mesos-master-env.sh
    and mesos-slave-env.sh files to pass environment variables to
    the masters and slaves.

    Review: https://reviews.apache.org/r/11891/