Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Frank Maas <fr...@cheiron-it.nl> on 2003/09/30 00:01:13 UTC

Perl 5.8.1 and mod_perl 1?

Hi guys,

Maybe it's me and I am just missing something here, but what can I
expect if I want to use mod_perl 1 together with 5.8.1? All post
I saw here were about testing 1.99 (effectively mp2). The thing
that got me worried was Stas' remark about the new 1.99_10, which
is "the first release to support the hashing randomization in perl
5.8.1". Does this mean that a new mp1 must be created as well?

--Frank

Re: Perl 5.8.1 and mod_perl 1?

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Frank Maas wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Maybe it's me and I am just missing something here, but what can I
> expect if I want to use mod_perl 1 together with 5.8.1? All post
> I saw here were about testing 1.99 (effectively mp2). The thing
> that got me worried was Stas' remark about the new 1.99_10, which
> is "the first release to support the hashing randomization in perl
> 5.8.1". Does this mean that a new mp1 must be created as well?

mod_perl 1.0 doesn't have problems with perl 5.8.1. mp2 needed special
handling since it uses a special light-weight modperl_mgv_t struct instead of
Perl's GV, to make things consume less memory and be more efficient in general.

There were a few issues with mp1's test suite, now fixed in cvs.