Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Steve Bernstein <St...@deem.com> on 2013/05/20 23:56:47 UTC

preprocessor command not recognized...

Hi all, and thanks in advance for any light you can shed...

I'm using %default for the first time, as in:

%default RERUN_WINDOW '30';

But getting the standard "unrecognized statement error" shown below.  What am I missing?  Is there a setting I need to support this?  I'm using 0.11.1.

2013-05-20 21:45:36,455 [main] ERROR org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.Grunt - ERROR 1000: Error during parsing. Encountered " <PATH> "%default "" at line 1, column 1.
Was expecting one of:
    <EOF>
    "cat" ...
    "fs" ...
    "sh" ...
    "cd" ...
    "cp" ...
    "copyFromLocal" ...
    "copyToLocal" ...
    "dump" ...
    "describe" ...
    "aliases" ...
    "explain" ...
    "help" ...
    "kill" ...
    "ls" ...
    "mv" ...
    "mkdir" ...
    "pwd" ...
    "quit" ...
    "register" ...
    "rm" ...
    "rmf" ...
    "set" ...
    "illustrate" ...
    "run" ...
    "exec" ...
    "scriptDone" ...
    "" ...
    <EOL> ...
    ";" ...

RE: preprocessor command not recognized...

Posted by Steve Bernstein <St...@deem.com>.
More info:  I'm getting this at the grunt command line.  When I run at the shell as:

>pig -dryrun myscript.pig

I don't get the error, suggesting I can't author/debug in my usual piecemeal style at the Pig shell if I want to use preprocessor commands, and now as I write this I realize the preprocessor substitutes at preprocess time, so I can't use the '%' commands at the pig shell.

Do I have this correct?

SB