Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Suhas Indra <su...@robosoftin.com> on 2002/04/02 12:40:50 UTC

documentation on Lucene

Hello folks,

I am new to Lucene search engine. I have read about the power of Lucene in
indexing and search. I just browsed through the site
http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene
to find about the documentation on Lucene classes. But I was unable to find
the required information(about the abstract classes and implementation of
the same). Is there any documentation available on other sites? If so please
forward me the same.

Thanks and Regards

Suhas

Re: Querying multiple fields of a index

Posted by Peter Carlson <ca...@bookandhammer.com>.
Hi,

If you are using the queryParser and the standardAnalyzer you would use a
querystring like

title:lucene AND summary:engine

So the pattern is <field name>:<search string without spaces (unless your
searching a phrase)>

Also, you don't have to explicitly put the field name if you are searching
the default field.  That is if title is the default field the search would
be

lucene AND summary:engine

Hope this helps.

--Peter

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
You can use MultipleFieldQueryParser class, included with Lucene.

Otis

Re: documentation on Lucene

Posted by Peter Carlson <ca...@bookandhammer.com>.
Hi Suhas,

I think you have checked out everything (except maybe the FAQ's).

Do you have a specific question?

--Peter