Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Tom Bing <ca...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/01 18:04:03 UTC

Re: Error in nitial Run of basic_tests.py

I am running some tests with basic_tests.py to verify the operation of
the SVNKit command-line client scripts.  I encountered an error (Errno
8) when I ran basic_tests.py with the --use-jsvn and --bin= options,
as shown by the terminal session below.

[tom@lorien ~]$ pwd
/home/tom
[tom@lorien ~]$ echo $SVNKIT_HOME/bin
/home/tom/svnkit-1.3.7/bin
[tom@lorien ~]$ ls $SVNKIT_HOME/bin
jsvn           jsvndumpfilter      jsvnsetup.openvms  jsvnversion.bat
jsvnadmin      jsvndumpfilter.bat  jsvnsync
jsvnadmin.bat  jsvnlook            jsvnsync.bat
jsvn.bat       jsvnlook.bat        jsvnversion
[tom@lorien ~]$ cd subversion-1.6.15
[tom@lorien subversion-1.6.15]$ cd subversion/tests/cmdline
[tom@lorien cmdline]$ rm -rf svn-test-work
[tom@lorien cmdline]$ ./basic_tests.py --use-jsvn --bin=$SVNKIT_HOME/bin
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./basic_tests.py", line 2550, in ?
    svntest.main.run_tests(test_list)
  File "/home/tom/subversion-1.6.15/subversion/tests/cmdline/svntest/main.py",
line 1607, in run_tests
    actions.setup_pristine_repository()
  File "/home/tom/subversion-1.6.15/subversion/tests/cmdline/svntest/actions.py",
line 44, in setup_pristine_repository
    main.create_repos(main.pristine_dir)
  File "/home/tom/subversion-1.6.15/subversion/tests/cmdline/svntest/main.py",
line 689, in create_repos
    path, *opts)
  File "/home/tom/subversion-1.6.15/subversion/tests/cmdline/svntest/main.py",
line 356, in run_command
    None, *varargs)
  File "/home/tom/subversion-1.6.15/subversion/tests/cmdline/svntest/main.py",
line 500, in run_command_stdin
    stdin_lines,
  File "/home/tom/subversion-1.6.15/subversion/tests/cmdline/svntest/main.py",
line 471, in spawn_process
    infile, outfile, errfile, kid = open_pipe([command] + list(varargs))
  File "/home/tom/subversion-1.6.15/subversion/tests/cmdline/svntest/main.py",
line 418, in open_pipe
    close_fds=not windows)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/subprocess.py", line 550, in __init__
    errread, errwrite)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/subprocess.py", line 996, in _execute_child
    raise child_exception
OSError: [Errno 8] Exec format error
[tom@lorien cmdline]$

[tom@lorien cmdline]$ find svn-test-work -type d
svn-test-work
svn-test-work/repositories
svn-test-work/working_copies
svn-test-work/local_tmp
svn-test-work/local_tmp/repos
svn-test-work/local_tmp/config
[tom@lorien cmdline]$ find svn-test-work -type f
svn-test-work/local_tmp/config/config
svn-test-work/local_tmp/config/servers
[tom@lorien cmdline]$

Thanks for your help.
Tom

Re: Error in nitial Run of basic_tests.py

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <da...@elego.de>.
Tom Bing wrote on Tue, May 01, 2012 at 20:04:41 -0400:
> I appreciate your advice, I'll check the SVNKit lists.
>
> Judging from the access timestamps (ls -lu jsvn*) the "jsvnadmin"
> script was the only one that had been accessed when this
> basic_tests.py run failed.

Not surprising; 'svnadmin create' is the first command the harness runs.

Re: Error in nitial Run of basic_tests.py

Posted by Tom Bing <ca...@gmail.com>.
I appreciate your advice, I'll check the SVNKit lists.

Judging from the access timestamps (ls -lu jsvn*) the "jsvnadmin"
script was the only one that had been accessed when this
basic_tests.py run failed.  This run, if successful, would have gone
through all the tests.

Regards,
Tom

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <da...@elego.de>.