Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Richard Dunne <ri...@yahoo.com> on 2007/03/15 20:19:53 UTC

tomcat config

After subscribing to apache mailing list, I tried mailing users@tomcat.apache.org and got a delivery failure message.  I have a query re: tomcat configuration.  If this is not the correct list, apologies, perhaps someone can point me in the right direction.  I have installed tomcat 5 on my machine and got the page which states that "if you are seeing this page then your installation of apache tomcat was successful".  On that assumption I tried to access a file called index.jsp in a folder called Projects located at c:\  I entered the following line in server.xml:   <Context path="/Projects" docBase="c:\Projects" debug="0"/>
I typed http://localhost:8080/Projects hoping to see index.jsp, but got a http error instead.

Any ideas what may be causing the error?

Richard.

Be a PS3 game guru.

Re: tomcat config

Posted by David Fisher <df...@jmlafferty.com>.
Try <Context path="Projects" docBase="c:\Projects" debug="0"/>

Make sure that <Context .../> is inside of <Host name="localhost"
debug="0" appBase="webapps" ... </Host>

Also, at least this is so for tomcat 4.1.31//

Good luck/

Dave

Re: tomcat config

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com>.
Not sure about the mailing list issue, but have you tried these for the
docBase instead?  I seem to remember the volume name is case sensitive. I've
also had problems with directions of slashes.

c:/Projects
C:/Projects
/Projects

WILL

On 3/15/07, Richard Dunne <ri...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> After subscribing to apache mailing list, I tried mailing
> users@tomcat.apache.org and got a delivery failure message.  I have a
> query re: tomcat configuration.  If this is not the correct list, apologies,
> perhaps someone can point me in the right direction.  I have installed
> tomcat 5 on my machine and got the page which states that "if you are seeing
> this page then your installation of apache tomcat was successful".  On that
> assumption I tried to access a file called index.jsp in a folder called
> Projects located at c:\  I entered the following line in server.xml:
> <Context path="/Projects" docBase="c:\Projects" debug="0"/>
> I typed http://localhost:8080/Projects hoping to see index.jsp, but got a
> http error instead.
>
> Any ideas what may be causing the error?
>
> Richard.

> Be a PS3 game guru.
> Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at Yahoo!
> Games.

Forio Business Simulations

Will Glass-Husain
415 440-7500x89