Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Andreas Vombach <an...@psi.ch> on 2004/10/22 10:27:15 UTC

more styling for TableColumns

Thank you, Markus, the setValueRendererSource works well.
Now, for even more styling the TableColumns I would like to set things
like the background color and other attributes.
I guess this is done in the style.css, anybody knows the naming?
(table.header, th or other)
Or another way to do it?

Thanks Andreas

Re: more styling for TableColumns

Posted by Markus Wiederkehr <ma...@gmail.com>.
Table has some parameters to control the CSS class of table pages,
columns, rows and values (pagesClass, columnsClass, rowsClass and
valuesClass). You can use these parameters to apply some basic styles
to your table. You could bind an EvenOdd bean to rowsClass, for
example.

But you have even more control. The first parameter of
SimpleTableColumn or ExpressionTableColumn is the column name (the
parameter 'columns' of Table works as well). This name is used as CSS
class of the corresponding column. For example if the column name is
'date' the table will contain cells like this: <td
class="dateColumnValue">. Now all you have to do is to apply a style
to 'td.dateColumnValue'.

See http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/doc/ComponentReference/contrib.Table.html
for more details.