Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Amn <am...@gmail.com> on 2022/10/29 18:12:10 UTC

Font too small

I am using NB15 under Debian 11, after an update, or so I think, the
font of the NB45 app became too small, (looks  like the one in Eclipse)
and it is to hard to read. I remember editing a file, this is a long
time ago, to increase the size of the font used by NB, anyone knows of
this?
Thanks in advance.

Re: Font too small

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
What is "the app itself"? An application on the NetBeans Platform? A
web application? A PHP application? If it is a NetBeans Platform based
application, the file to configure the font is in etc/xxx.conf, e.g.,
etc/netbeans.conf or whatever the name of that file is for your
application.

Gj

Re: Font too small

Re: Font too small

Posted by name name2 <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Font too small

Posted by Michael Bien <mb...@gmail.com>.
On 31.10.22 16:55, negora wrote:
> I've just tested NetBeans IDE with OpenJDK 19.0.1+10 (a build from
> Eclipse Temurin), and it still seems to be using an old version of
> FreeType. I believe so because the font rendering is still horrible if
> you don't set the "FREETYPE_PROPERTIES" variable. I don't understand
> why in 2022 they still don't use version 40 (if that's the cause, of
> course).
>
> I also use that setting with other applications based on Swing, such
> as WizTools.org REST Client and SoapUI, and the result is very
> noticeable (for better).
>
> I hope not to transform this thread in a feature request but... Is
> there a way so that NetBeans can do this adjustment by itself, without
> the need of setting an environment variable?

yes there would be, that was why I was asking :)

the launcher has special cases for some high dpi and font AA mode
settings. (open the bin/netbeans script and scroll down)

main challenge would be to detect when this is needed and when not. I
suppose this isn't something to enable by default on linux.

-mbien

Re: Font too small

Posted by negora <pu...@negora.com>.

Re: Font too small