Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Richard Dice <rd...@pobox.com> on 2000/02/24 20:57:57 UTC

handler mayhem

Hello everyone...

I was hoping that someone could take a look at some handler configurations
I'm setting and tell me what's wrong with them.

The issue is that the file "htsearch" which is identified with the
URI /cgi-bin/htsearch is being handled by SW::Menu::Wrapper (I've
confirmed this with some good old fashioned "print STDERR ..." in
the error logs) and _not_ by cgi-handler, as ScriptAlias would
have you believe.

What the browser is returning is the binary-in-the-browser-window
of 'htsearch', a compiled C cgi program of the "htdig" collection.

Ideas? (note:  I have tried dozens of variations on the themes
below, and they all yield exactly the same results, so I'm just
providing the most stripped down conf info here)

Thanks,
Richard

<Perl>
use Apache::Filter;
unshift @INC, "$ENV{'PROJECT_DIR'}/libs";
</Perl>

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/home/Projects/sw-web/devel/rdice/cgi-bin/"

<FilesMatch "\.html$">
	SetHandler perl-script
	PerlHandler SW::Menu::Wrapper SW::Filter::Gzip
</FilesMatch>

ErrorDocument 404 /DocumentNotFound.html

 Richard Dice * Personal 514 816 9568 * Fax 514 816 9569
 Open Source Evangelist, HBE Software * http://www.hbesoftware.com
 ShadNet Creator * http://shadnet.shad.ca/ * rdice@shadnet.shad.ca
 Occasional Writer, HotWired * http://www.hotwired.com/webmonkey/
     "squeeze the world 'til it's small enough to join us heel to toe"
         - jesus jones