Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Chris Shenton <Ch...@hq.nasa.gov> on 2001/11/27 21:58:57 UTC

Server HW sizing benchmarks, samples, WAGs?

We're looking to buy a couple Sun Solaris servers for an app we're
developing with Turbine, expecting maybe 200 simultaneous users.  I
don't expect it to be terribly computationally heavy, but wanted to
get input on sizing the box. We'll mainly be doing proxying of
external requests to internal sites with transformations on the
results, authenticating and tracking usage with a DB.

Anyone care to share datapoints about how many folks you're
supporting?  Initially we've spec'd a 220R, which "feels" like it will
be fine, but we don't have much experience with the load Turbine apps
put on cpu, memory, net, db, etc.  Any input would be welcome.

Thanks.