Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by BillRowell <bi...@kelleylog.com> on 2008/05/06 16:49:49 UTC

Could not send Message: CXF Servlet in Tomcat

I am new to CXF.  I successfully ran the DoubleIt example on Glen Mazza's
Weblog and then tried to duplicate it with a more complex wsdl
(SpotImdsProxy.wsdl) using CXF 2.1 with Tomcat 6.0-16. I receive the
following stack trace when I perform the run-client Ant task invoking the
default client generated by the CXF wsdl2Java tool:

     [java] Invoking orderMaintenanceAsset...
     [java] Exception in thread "main" javax.xml.ws.soap.SOAPFaultException:
Could not send Message.
     [java]     at
org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsClientProxy.invoke(JaxWsClientProxy
.java:218)
     [java]     at $Proxy31.orderMaintenanceAsset(Unknown Source)
     [java]     at client.WSClient.main(WSClient.java:66)
     [java] Caused by: org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault: Could not send
Message.
     [java]     at
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.MessageSenderInterceptor$MessageSenderEndingInterceptor.handleMessage(MessageSenderInterceptor.java:64)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:221)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:276)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:222)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cxf.frontend.ClientProxy.invokeSync(ClientProxy.java:73)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsClientProxy.invoke(JaxWsClientProxy.java:177)
     [java]     ... 2 more
     [java] Caused by: java.io.IOException:
/spotimdsproxy/services/spotimdsproxy
     [java]     at
org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit$WrappedOutputStream.handleResponse(HTTPConduit.java:1921)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit$WrappedOutputStream.close(HTTPConduit.java:1824)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cxf.transport.AbstractConduit.close(AbstractConduit.java:66)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPConduit.close(HTTPConduit.java:583)
     [java]     at
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.MessageSenderInterceptor$MessageSenderEndingInterceptor.handleMessage(MessageSenderInterceptor.java:62)
     [java]     ... 7 more

My cxf-servlet file is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
	xmlns:soap="http://cxf.apache.org/bindings/soap"
	xsi:schemaLocation="
         http://cxf.apache.org/jaxws
         http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/jaxws.xsd">

	<jaxws:endpoint id="spotimdsproxy"
		implementor="server.SpotImdsProxyPortTypeImpl"
		address="/SpotImdsProxy"
wsdlLocation="webapps\SpotImdsProxy\WEB-INF\wsdl\SpotImdsProxy.wsdl">
	</jaxws:endpoint>
</beans>

My web.xml file is:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app version="2.4" mlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
	<description>SPOT IMDS Proxy Web Service</description>
	<display-name>SPOT IMDS Proxy Web Service</display-name>
	<servlet>
		<description>SPOT IMDS Proxy Web Service</description>
		<display-name>SPOT IMDS Proxy Web Service</display-name>
		<servlet-name>WebServicePort</servlet-name>
		<servlet-class>
			org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.CXFServlet
		</servlet-class>
		<load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
	</servlet>
	<servlet-mapping>
		<servlet-name>WebServicePort</servlet-name>
		<url-pattern>/services/*</url-pattern>
	</servlet-mapping>
	<session-config>
		<session-timeout>60</session-timeout>
	</session-config>
</web-app>

The non-schema portion of my wsdl is shown below--the schema is fairly large
and complex.
	<wsdl:message name="OrderMaintenanceAssetRequest">
		<wsdl:part name="request" element="tns:OrderMaintenanceAsset">
		</wsdl:part>
	</wsdl:message>
	<wsdl:message name="OrderMaintenanceAssetResponse">
		<wsdl:part name="response"
			element="tns:SpotImdsProxyResponse">
		</wsdl:part>
	</wsdl:message>
	<wsdl:message name="UpdateMaintenanceAssetOrderRequest">
		<wsdl:part name="request"
			element="tns:UpdateMaintenanceAssetOrder">
		</wsdl:part>
	</wsdl:message>
	<wsdl:message name="UpdateMaintenanceAssetOrderResponse">
		<wsdl:part name="response"
			element="tns:SpotImdsProxyResponse">
		</wsdl:part>
	</wsdl:message>
	<wsdl:message name="SBSSInquiryRequest">
		<wsdl:part name="request"
			element="tns:StandardBaseSupplySystemInquiry">
		</wsdl:part>
	</wsdl:message>
	<wsdl:message name="SBSSInquiryResponse">
		<wsdl:part name="response"
			element="tns:SpotImdsProxyResponse">
		</wsdl:part>
	</wsdl:message>
	<wsdl:message name="RequisitionInquiryRequest">
		<wsdl:part name="request" element="tns:RequisitionInquiry">
		</wsdl:part>
	</wsdl:message>
	<wsdl:message name="RequisitionInquiryResponse">
		<wsdl:part name="response"
			element="tns:SpotImdsProxyResponse">
		</wsdl:part>
	</wsdl:message>
	<wsdl:portType name="SpotImdsProxyPortType">
		<wsdl:operation name="orderMaintenanceAsset">
			<wsdl:input message="tns:OrderMaintenanceAssetRequest">
			</wsdl:input>
			<wsdl:output message="tns:OrderMaintenanceAssetResponse">
			</wsdl:output>
		</wsdl:operation>
		<wsdl:operation name="updateMaintenanceAssetOrder">
			<wsdl:input
				message="tns:UpdateMaintenanceAssetOrderRequest">
			</wsdl:input>
			<wsdl:output
				message="tns:UpdateMaintenanceAssetOrderResponse">
			</wsdl:output>
		</wsdl:operation>
		<wsdl:operation name="sbssInquiry">
			<wsdl:input message="tns:SBSSInquiryRequest"></wsdl:input>
			<wsdl:output message="tns:SBSSInquiryResponse">
			</wsdl:output>
		</wsdl:operation>
		<wsdl:operation name="requisitionInquiry">
			<wsdl:input message="tns:RequisitionInquiryRequest"></wsdl:input>
			<wsdl:output message="tns:RequisitionInquiryResponse">
			</wsdl:output>
		</wsdl:operation>
	</wsdl:portType>
	<wsdl:binding name="SpotImdsProxySOAPBinding"
		type="tns:SpotImdsProxyPortType">
		<soap:binding style="document"
			transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http" />
		<wsdl:operation name="orderMaintenanceAsset">
			<soap:operation

soapAction="http://www.kelleylog.com/services/SpotImdsProxyService/orderMaintenanceAsset"
/>
			<wsdl:input>
				<soap:body use="literal" />
			</wsdl:input>
			<wsdl:output>
				<soap:body use="literal" />
			</wsdl:output>
		</wsdl:operation>
		<wsdl:operation name="updateMaintenanceAssetOrder">
			<soap:operation
soapAction="http://www.kelleylog.com/services/SpotImdsProxyService/updateMaintenanceAssetOrder"
/>
			<wsdl:input>
				<soap:body use="literal" />
			</wsdl:input>
			<wsdl:output>
				<soap:body use="literal" />
			</wsdl:output>
		</wsdl:operation>
		<wsdl:operation name="sbssInquiry">
			<soap:operation

soapAction="http://www.kelleylog.com/services/SpotImdsProxyService/sbssInquiry"
/>
			<wsdl:input>
				<soap:body use="literal" />
			</wsdl:input>
			<wsdl:output>
				<soap:body use="literal" />
			</wsdl:output>
		</wsdl:operation>
		<wsdl:operation name="requisitionInquiry">
			<soap:operation

soapAction="http://www.kelleylog.com/services/SpotImdsProxyService/requisitionInquiry"
/>
			<wsdl:input>
				<soap:body use="literal" />
			</wsdl:input>
			<wsdl:output>
				<soap:body use="literal" />
			</wsdl:output>
		</wsdl:operation>
	</wsdl:binding>
	<wsdl:service name="SpotImdsProxyService">
		<wsdl:port name="SpotImdsProxyPort"
			binding="tns:SpotImdsProxySOAPBinding">
			<soap:address
location="http://localhost:8080/spotimdsproxy/services/spotimdsproxy" />
		</wsdl:port>
	</wsdl:service>
</wsdl:definitions>

I'd really appreciate any ideas you have to get me going.  I have seen where
others have used the cxf-servlet.xml without Spring--it doesn't matter to me
whether or not I use Spring.

Thanks for your help!

Bill Rowell

Re: Could not send Message: CXF Servlet in Tomcat

Posted by BillRowell <bi...@kelleylog.com>.
I was able to debug in Eclipse and discovered that the XMLStreamException is
thrown while the XMLStreamWriter is writing the <soap:Envelope> element out,
which would be the first thing it does.

In case there was a problem with the types I converted all of the types in
the object to strings.

Any more ideas about what is happening?????
Thanks!!!
Bill

Posted by BillRowell <bi...@kelleylog.com>.

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by BillRowell <bi...@kelleylog.com>.
Dan
You were right--there was a case problem with the uRL.
Thanks!
Bill

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
> [...]

> />
> 			<wsdl:input>
> 				<soap:body use="literal" />
> 			</wsdl:input>
> 			<wsdl:output>
> 				<soap:body use="literal" />
> 			</wsdl:output>
> 		</wsdl:operation>
> 	</wsdl:binding>
> 	<wsdl:service name="SpotImdsProxyService">
> 		<wsdl:port name="SpotImdsProxyPort"
> 			binding="tns:SpotImdsProxySOAPBinding">
> 			<soap:address
> location="http://localhost:8080/spotimdsproxy/services/
> spotimdsproxy" />
> 		</wsdl:port>
> 	</wsdl:service>
> </wsdl:definitions>
>
> I'd really appreciate any ideas you have to get me going.  I have
> seen where
> others have used the cxf-servlet.xml without Spring--it doesn't

Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://www.dankulp.com/blog