Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net> on 2013/03/05 01:28:21 UTC

Re: Update to merge of FAQ's from web site to mwiki

Keith N. McKenna wrote:
> Keith N. McKenna wrote:
>> Based on extended discussions on this list at:
>> http://markmail.org/search/+list:org.apache.incubator.ooo-dev#query:%20list%3Aorg.apache.incubator.ooo-dev+page:1+mid:pkyogj4m45anxuxg+state:results.
>>
>> I propose to start merging and updating the User FAQ's from the website
>> into the current structure on the mediawiki (mwiki) and updating the
>> FAQ's already there by eliminating outdated references to version 1 and
>> version 2 and any duplications.
>>
>> If there are no objections in 72 hours I will start merging the entries
>> from the website into the mwiki.
>>
>> Regards
>> Keith N. Mckenna
>>

> Good day all;
>
> Just a quick update to where this mini-project is. I have jut about
> finished all the modifications to the faqtoc on the mwiki. This is being
> done through a copy of the template file so as to avoid multiple saves
> to the template bringing the mwiki to its knees. Once the copy is
> finalized the changes will be made to the actual template file and saved
> once. Though tj has told me there should be no major performance hit by
> doing this I will schedule it probably over a weekend when usage is
> lower to (hopefully) minimize the hurt when Murphy inevitably bites.
>
> I came across the following page http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/FAQ
> that appears to be a sandbox that was started for developer FAQ's and
> then abandoned. There has been no development activity on it since 2009.
> Since many of the faq's on the web site are aimed towards developers, I
> would like to use this page as an index page for a number of different
> categories of developer faq's. I someone with a better knowledge and
> background in development could take a look at the page and if there is
> anything worth keeping let me know.
>
> Regards
> Keith

Evening All;

I wanted to get back to this. Due to a change in my daughter's schedule
my time was cut that I could spend on this as I babysit my 2 year old
granddaughter. Also medical issues with both myself and my significant
other have been sneaking in.

Work has not stopped, but it has slowed more than I had hoped. The
design work of adding new categories and hierarchy are done and work is
progressing slowly on the culling and rewording. I will be spending more
time on this in the next few weeks to try and get it moving quicker
again. Hopefully in the next few days redirect can be set on the some of
the categories on the web site to the wiki.

Regards
Keith