Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Deepa Rangarajan <de...@hotmail.com> on 2004/10/15 17:01:22 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] SSL for Apache 1.3.26 on Solaris 8

Hi,
I am trying to implement SSL for Apache 1.3.26 , the default version that
comes with
Solaris 8. Do I need to install a patch to get SSL working.?

I referred to http://forum.sun.com/thread.jsp?forum=151&thread=13328 where
the steps are mentioned. Pls. let me know what is openSSL and from wher
should I install it.

If any of you have implemented SSL for Apache 1.3.26 on Solaris, pls. let me
know the steps or any useful links.

Thanks!
Deepa

Re: [users@httpd] SSL for Apache 1.3.26 on Solaris 8

Posted by Jonathan Mangin <jo...@comcast.net>.
There is a /dev/random patch for x86. Don't know if
the problem also applies to Sparc.

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Fri, 15 Oct 2004, Deepa Rangarajan wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to implement SSL for Apache 1.3.26 , the default version that
> comes with
> Solaris 8. Do I need to install a patch to get SSL working.?

Unless it already has SSL, you will simply have to scrap it and recompile
from scratch.  SSL with Apache 1.x requires a (well-established) rewrite
to the source code and API.

This is one of many problems for which the easiest fix is simply to
upgrade to Apache 2.0 (which natively supports SSL).

--
Nick Kew