Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Joe Faber <jf...@worldweb.net> on 2001/01/29 17:18:06 UTC

spurious close() in ChunkyByteArray

I'm using the xerces 1.2.3 dom parser to process entries in a
java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.  The first entry parses correctly, but has the
unfortunate side effect of closing the input stream.  This makes it
impossible to read the remainder of the zip file.  The close() call is at
line 225 in org.apache.xerces.utils.ChunkyByteArray.  I've worked around it
by using a FilterInputStream to ignore the close() calls, but I think they
shouldn't be there in the first place.

Thanks.
-joe